Here is a list of the Top 5 mistake’s I see on gym floors.
5: Thinking excessive amounts of cardio will bring on weight loss, you need to strike a balance between resistance training & cardio for weight lose. By incorporating resistance training (IE weights) you will increase your muscle density & in turn improve you quality of life. Muscle burns energy at rest so it makes sense to try & have some.

Cardio is important,
but its not everything
but its not everything
4: Lat pull downs to the waist. I don’t know how many times I have seen someone pulling a lat bar to their waist. Once your elbows start to point towards the wall & your forearms start moving to horizontal to the floor you have gone to far. When I train clients I suggest pulling to the chin & then squeezing your shoulder blades together.
3: Starting your training week or session with arms, then moving on to chest or back. I have a philosophy ‘Start from the middle & work out’ what I mean by that is start with your chest, Back & upper legs. Then work your arms after that. Remember you are fatiguing your Tri’s with your chest & your Bi’s with your Lats so it makes sense to work from the inside out.
2: Telling the world (or your self for that matter) you have ‘perfect technique’ as I mentioned at the start, perfect technique does not exist. It is a search that eludes us, but what you can do is keep your mind open to learning & evolving. Over time what once worked may not work as you get older or you might need to adjust your training to meet different goals.

Perfect technique does not exist.
It is a search that eludes us
It is a search that eludes us
1: Performing Bicep curls in the squat rack! How many times have you had to wait in line for a squat rack because some idiot was doing some dry bar bicep curls! Captain Kirk once said “what is wrong with putting a bar on the back of your shoulders, Bend your knees & squat!” Note I am paraphrasing; certain words have been removed to protect the young.
No comments:
Post a Comment