Getting Massive for Stereo's


In my last few blogs I mentioned some points I think warrant more attention; the first was my total lack of motivation to discredit any more bro-science. I stand by that statement and to be really honest I am starting to wonder what separates me from Erick Kanevsky, apart from the obvious exception of my 207.5 Squat and 255 Deadlift. The next issue that was exposed at the Creamfields Curl-Station is my body weight; as I type this, I’m sitting around 85kg maybe 86 if Violetta Varga appears in my facestalk news feed. 

Violetta Varga
Zombie Apocalypse is coming
Now; as far as I am concerned there are only three goals to come from training; Bigger, Faster, Stronger. If you’re a marathon runner you should remove the first component of that. If you’re worried girls don’t like guys that are ‘too big’ then maybe you should remove yourself from life, if you’re trying to ‘tone and shred’ please submit to the zombie apocalypse.



Traditionally I have never followed a ‘program’ I think that notion is stupid for a variety of reasons; for starters, chances are if you’re on a program it was either written by some skinny bitch PT or you have stolen it off a website, authored by some random who has no idea what your leverages are, or your weak points and what you’re currently trying to achieve. Typically; I have trained in 4 week cycles loosely based around the Westside Barbell systems, and I need to emphases that word ‘loosely’. That has allowed me to address weak points as they show, develop a system that works for MY body while having the freedom to noodle with bits as needed.

Now; after months of lurking Chestbrah and Jail Bair Warrior I have decided for my next phase of training I want to specifically aim on getting huge for Stereosonic. So, I have developed my own program I have called “Ben-Eiko-5-3-1” (clearly a hybrid of Sheiko and Wendlers 5-3-1). This has come about for a number of reasons; the first is a number of my Power Lifting friends have put in some solid numbers using Sheiko. Furthermore; I have been prescribing the Wendler 5-3-1 to my clients. So I’ll just take the best bits from each. 
Cami followed Sheiko & went 127.5 57.5 152.5 at Nats
My program is set around a 4 week cycle with 4 main lifts, some accessory lifts and then supplemental’s are free to rotate week-to-week. These are as follows: Squat, Deadlift, Bench and Overhead Press. The accessories are; Rows, Core, GHR’s and the supplemental is conditioning in the way of sled drags or sprints.

Weeks 1-3:
Day 1:
-          Squats (and variations such as SSB or Good Mornings)
o   5 Sets of 5
§  1 Set of 3 (based on 5RM)
§  1 Single (based on 5RM)
-          GHR’s, Core, and Sled Drags
Day 2:
-          Heavy Dumbbell  and Overhead Press day
o   Barbell Over head press
o   5 Sets of 5
§  1 Set of 3 (based on 5RM)
§  1 Single (based on 5RM)
o   5 sets of 5 Presses and *Rows, followed by Triceps for reps
Day 3:
-          Deadlifts
o   5 Sets of 5
§  1 Set of 3 (based on 5RM)
§  1 Single (based on 5RM)
-          Kettle Bells, GHR’s
Day 4:
-          Bench
o   5 Sets of 5
§  1 Set of 3 (based on 5RM)
§  1 Single (based on 5RM)
-          Rows 5X5
-          Core, Triceps, Facepulls and chins

Week 4 will be the same lifts but all weights will be at 75% of their previous effort, this is to allow a deload phase and increase speed and force rate production. 

I should add at this point; these are all still loose numbers; like I said above I do not want to be stuck in a ridged structure that does not allow for the good, bad and ugly moments in training. 

*Note; Rows is something I need to work on; While the idea of maxing out is a bit retarded, I intend on noodling around with row variations and weights. 

If 'Clean Bulking' is real what the fuck is this?
Let me make something clear from the very outset; human performance is NOT “75% diet, 25% training” You can NOT out diet a shit training program. Eat as many egg whites and drink as much Muscle-Techno Nitro-Roid’s as you like, your appearance is the product of your performance. So, since this is a ‘bulking cycle’ I need to address everyone’s burning questions: Nutrition and supplements. First; you the reader need to understand the concept of calorie balance; this can be expressed in three ways; Negative, Neutral and Positive based against your daily expenditure. To further develop this understanding all you need to know is eating in a positive balance WILL result in weight gain, I am not saying muscle gain, I am saying WEIGHT gain. Muscle gain comes from smashing the fuck out of yourself in training. It is here we can see the notion of ‘Clean Bulking’ is just plain fucking retarded. As such; I have one aim; eat as many Macronutrient calories as possible; this will include oats for breakfast, Subway for lunch made from the delicate hands of Scarlett the Hot Subway Girl, Steak, Eggs, Bacon and most of all Yiros. My Micronutrients will come from Broccoli, Avocado and other random vegetables and since I am in positive balance I don’t feel the need to seek out omega fats. There is however, a few blacklisted foods, I am not a fan of consuming massive amounts of calories in low density fats (bad fats), these calories are typically low in micronutrients and seldom have any benefit to the human body. Such examples are not hard to find; anything deep fried. On the issue of supplements, with a positive calorie balance in Macronutrients (Carbs & Protiens) why would I even consider consuming supplements?

 Don't Bulk "Too Fast" according to Erick Kanevsky

 Realistically over the next few months I only expect around of kilo of muscle gain, while I am sure ill pack on some fat cells. But, that is no stress at all since I know from past experience when I need to get my fat scores down, I can do so quickly and easily. All I really care about is moving myself further in the direction of bigger, faster and stronger.   Now; who has cheap early bird industry only tickets to Steroid-Sonic?

No comments:

Post a Comment